TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SMART REWARDS
The Rewards Program (“Program”), which is a benefit extended to SMART accounts that allows free access to exclusive deals and promos, allows accumulation of Points through specified transactions of their Accounts, shall be governed by the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), including any amendment available at the following websites:
Talk ‘N Text: tntph.com/rewards
Smart Infinity: rewards.smart.com.ph/infinity
In these Terms:
- “Account” refers to the account of a Smart subscriber who is registered in the Program as specified in the Mechanics which may be revised from time to time.
- “Mechanics” refers to the Program mechanics detailed in the Communication Materials which may be revised from time to time.
- “Notification” refers to, Account status updates, confirmation messages, error messages, or any such notifications pertaining to the Account.
- “Alerts” refers to, commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, and other broadcast push messages about the Program.
- “Partner Merchant” refers to merchants offering discounts and/or free items to the Program as specified in the Communication Materials.
- “Points” refer to the Points earned in the Program and credited to the Account.
- “Rewards Account Activation” refers to prepaid subscribers providing subscriber information in order to enjoy the full benefits of Reward.
- “Rewards” refers to the goods and services described in the Communication Materials.
- “Communication Materials” refers to materials such as the Rewards flyers, Partner Merchant catalog, the Program websites, etc. containing a list of available Rewards, discount coupons, and the Mechanics
- “SMART” refers to SMART Communications, Inc. and SMART Broadband, Inc.
- “Subscriber” refers to the Account holder on record.
1. Eligibility and Registration
1.1. The Program is open to individual Subscribers with active Accounts of Smart Postpaid, Smart Prepaid, Smart Bro Mobile Prepaid, Smart Bro Mobile Postpaid, Infinity and/or Talk ‘N Text.
1.2. A Smart postpaid Subscriber is automatically registered in the Program upon activation of the SIM.1.3. A Smart prepaid and TNT Subscriber can register by submitting Subscriber information as defined in the Mechanics. By activating the Rewards Account, the Subscriber agrees, warrants and represents that all the personal information provided by the Subscriber is true, correct and complete.
1.4. As a registered Account, the Subscriber agrees, allows and consents that SMART will send SMS notifications and/or other forms of Notification.
2. Accumulation of Points
2.1. An Account will earn Points as defined in the Mechanics.
2.2. Accumulation, redemption and transfer of Points is governed by the Mechanics.
2.3. SMART reserves the right to revise the Mechanics on how to accumulate Points by giving at least thirty (30) days prior written notice.
2.4. Transfer of Points from a permanently disconnected Account is not allowed.
3. Validity of Points
3.1. Points accumulated may be redeemed only when:
3.1.1. Account transactions are within the transaction defined by the Mechanics and these Terms.
3.1.2. Points are redeemed within the redemption period as defined in the Mechanics.
3.2. SMART reserves the right to deduct any Points that do not meet the conditions above.
3.3. Points shall expire as defined in the Mechanics.
3.4. SMART may, at its own discretion, inform the Subscriber of the status of their Points. It is the responsibility of the Subscriber to keep track of earned Points as well as its expiration.
3.5. SMART reserves the right to suspend or exclude a Subscriber from the Program if:
3.5.1. In the opinion of SMART, the Subscriber has breached these Terms or the Terms and Conditions of their Account or the Mechanics.
3.5.2. In the opinion of SMART, the Subscriber uses his Account not in accordance and with the nature and intent of the Program, such as but not limited to misrepresentation.
3.6. Permanent disconnection of an Account will forfeit all earned Points. In case of a re-activation of a permanently disconnected Account, the Subscriber must activate Subscriber’s Rewards Account again and the accumulation of new Points will start from zero (0).
3.7. All acts of fraud and abuse relating to the earning and/or use of Points in the Program may result in the forfeiture of Points without prejudice to other right which SMART may have.
3.8. SMART reserves the right to settle any disputes concerning eligibility to the Program, accumulation of Points and redemption, and other aspects of the Program at its own discretion.
4. Redemption of Points
4.1. SMART periodically shall issue Communication Materials detailing the Mechanics for item redemptions and other information about the Program.
4.2. Points can only be used to redeem items indicated in the Communication Materials.
4.3. Points are non-convertible to cash.
4.4. Redemption requests, cannot be cancelled.
5. Delivery of Redeemed Reward
5.1. For delivery of redeemed rewards to the redeeming Subscriber’s address of record, the Subscriber understands and agrees that anyone living/staying in that address is authorized to receive the rewards in Subscriber’s behalf. Should the Subscriber not be around to receive the redeemed rewards, the redeeming Subscriber must prepare the following documents to be presented and/or submitted to the courier service provider:
5.1.1. Letter of Authorization in favor of the authorized representative duly signed by the redeeming Subscriber.
5.1.2. Presentation of redeeming Subscriber and authorized representative’s proof of identification (should be acceptable to SMART) with photocopy thereof to be submitted to the delivery/courier service provider.
5.2. SMART reserves the right to hold delivery of the redeemed reward if the authorized representative fails to present abovementioned requirements.
5.3. SMART reserves the right to cancel the delivery of the redeemed reward in the following scenarios:
5.3.1. Registering wrong/incomplete address
5.3.2. No subscriber and/or authorized representative is available to receive the reward after 2 attempts of SMART to deliver the product within 60 days
5.4. Rewards that are redeemed for delivery will be dispatched by courier to the last known address of the Subscriber’s Account from redemption date, in fourteen (14) working days if within Metro Manila, in twenty-one (21) working days if outside Metro Manila.
5.5. Delivery of Rewards Items is free of charge.
5.6. SMART shall only facilitate the delivery of the Rewards item and SMART shall not be liable or responsible for the condition of the Rewards item, if any.
5.7. SMART does not provide any warranty on the Rewards item, except when the Rewards item is a product or service of SMART. The only warranties on the redeemed rewards are those provided by respective Partner Merchants, and may only be claimed to the respective Partner Merchants’ establishments.
6. Redemption Options
6.1. SMART reserves the right to establish partnership with individual partners, indirect aggregators and/or loyalty aggregators.
6.8 Redemption options may vary according to the subscriber’s status in the network.
7. Participating Programs
7.1 Points can be redeemed under other programs specified in the Communication Materials.
7.2 Points redeemed under Participating Programs are not exchangeable, refundable or redeemable for cash or credit under any circumstances and are subject to the following Terms and the Mechanics.
8.1 SMART has taken and will take reasonable care to ensure that any information it publishes in relation to the Program is accurate. All descriptions in the Communication Materials are based on information provided by suppliers.
8.2 Items photographed in the Communication Materials may differ slightly in visual color from the actual items.
9. Rewards Notifications and Alerts
9.1. SMART will send Notifications pertaining to, but not limited to, any account related updates, confirmation and the like.
9.2. SMART, from time to time, will send Alerts to subscribers for commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, etc. A Subscriber does not want to receive these Alerts can opt out by texting OFF to 9800 and can opt-in again by texting ON to 9800.
9. Personal Information
By participating in the Program, Subscriber agrees and consents to the disclosure to third parties and the processing, either by SMART or by third parties on behalf of SMART, of personal information and data, including sensitive personal information, traffic and billing data for marketing and other purposes. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that SMART may send commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, and other broadcast push messages.
Specifically, Subscriber agrees and consents that SMART and its affiliates may use Subscriber personal information and data to:
- Manage Subscriber Account, carry out customer-care activities and train staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that Subscriber send to SMART;
- Monitor the quality and security of the network and test and maintain SMART’s IT systems;
- Analyze Subscriber use of the services for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the calls and messages the Subscriber sends and receives, and Subscriber location at the time these communications take place, as well as Subscriber browsing history and use of SMART websites;
- Send to the emergency services (if Subscriber makes an emergency call), including Subscriber approximate location;
- Contact the Subscriber with marketing messages such as commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, and other broadcast messages, which may include marketing from other organizations and third parties, if Subscriber has no express written objection.
- SMART does not include Subscriber details in any directory or directory-enquiry service. If Subscriber wants to have a Subscriber information included in these services, Subscriber should contact SMART.