Terms and Conditions
By using the TNT Prepaid GSM Service, the Subscriber agrees to the following:
- The TNT Pre-Paid GSM Service is designed to work only if the subscriber has the following:
- a GSM dual-band cellular mobile telephone handset;
- a TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card; and
- airtime value loaded into subscriber’s account
- The TNT SIM and Call and Text Cards are neither refundable nor redeemable for cash, either in part or in full.
- The TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card cannot be used with handsets which are:
- SIM-locked to networks other than TNT; or
- blacklisted by TNT due to theft, loss, non-payment or other reasons.
TNT reserves the right to SIM-lock handsets as part of the TNT Prepaid Phone Kit for use only of its own services.
- The TNT Prepaid Service requires for its use, reload of value through TNT Call and Text Card, TNT Load or PasaLoad. After value is loaded into the TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card, such value shall be valid for a specific period of time as determined by Smart Communications, Inc. (the “Company”). Any unloaded TNT Call and Text Card shall expire on the date shown at the reverse portion of the card.
- The TNT Prepaid Service shall be PERMANENTLY DISCONNECTED if the Subscriber fails to reload value into his account within this specific period after the prepaid balance is completely consumed as determined by the Company. The Company shall not cause the reconnection of a PERMANENTLY DISCONNECTED TNT Prepaid Service. Mobile numbers associated with the disconnected TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Cards cannot be reacquired. A new TNT SIM Card must be purchased to avail of the TNT Prepaid Service. This will have a different mobile number. Requests for a change of mobile number will not be allowed. The Company shall not be held responsible to replace any permanently disconnected SIM cards.
- Subscriber is allowed only five (5) attempts per calendar day to correctly load a value of the TNT Call and Text Card. Otherwise, the Subscriber will have to wait for the next day (12:00 midnight) to correctly load the TNT Call and Text Card.
- All outgoing calls and text messages will be charged based on prevailing tariff rates, plus all applicable toll charges and taxes. The use of the TNT Prepaid Service (including, but not limited to, calls to wrong numbers, fax tones, answering machines, subscriptions to and availments of value-added services) shall be the subscriber’s sole responsibility regardless of who actually made the calls or sent the text messages.
- Subscriber will receive FREE services/network updates as part of the TNT GSM service. To stop receiving service/network updates text ALERTS OFF to 211.
- The security and care of the TNT GSM handset, TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card and TNT Call and Text Card and the secret codes (PIN1, PIN2, PUK1 and PUK2) shall be the subscriber’s full responsibility. However, the PUK can be retrieved through the following:
The Company has no obligation to answer inquiries regarding these secret codes. Furthermore, the Company is under no obligation to provide call details or itemized bills for calls and text messages made or received using the TNT Prepaid Service.
- Via Web Connect (for on-line or internet access)
- Log on to www.smart.com.ph/connect
- Provide log in ID (MIN) and password
- Go to Inquiries then click PUK Code inquiry and provide ICCID
- Via WAP Connect (for WAP-capable handsets)
- Choose http://wap.smart.ph
- Click on Internet
- Click on Customer care menu
- Choose WAP connect, select PUK and enter ICCID. Click submit.
- IVRS (Call *888, choose account inquiry and PUK inquiry. Subscriber will be asked to provide 11 digit MIN and 16 digit ICCID)
- The TNT SIM Cards, TNT Call and Text Cards, TNT Phone Kits and any airtime values are non-refundable and non-replaceable in the event of loss, theft, or damage due to misuse, mishandling or neglect. The TNT SIM Card found inherently defective will be replaced within seven (7) days from date of activation. Inherently defective TNT Prepaid Card (no PIN, incomplete PIN, unclear numbers) can be replaced only if there has been no prior usage of the card. Inherently defective GSM handsets of the TNT Prepaid Phone Kits can be replaced within fifteen (15) days from date of purchase. All replacements due to defects are subject to the investigation and validation of the Company’s Customer Care upon presentation of required documents.
- The Company’s liability for the loss or damage caused by defects in the performance or non-performance of the TNT Prepaid Service, shall be limited to a credit in the subscriber’s favor for the amount paid for the TNT SIM Card, TNT Prepaid Card, or TNT Phone Kit. The Company shall not be liable for any failure of the TNT Prepaid Service or for any loss, damage, theft, and misuse of the TNT Prepaid SIM Card, Talk ‘N Text Call and Text Card, or any GSM handset used as part of the Talk ‘N Text Prepaid Service.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, the Company does not expressly or impliedly warrant the condition or merchantability of the information or communication services provided through the TNT Service for any particular use or purpose. All information and translations are provided on an “AS IS” basis.
- FRAUDULENT AND UNAUTHORIZED USE. If the subscriber or any other person, at the sole discretion of the Company, is found to use the Service for any fraudulent purpose or illegal activities, or is found to use abusive and/or indecent language to other Subscribers or Company staff, the Company reserves the right to disconnect the Service and/or refuse to reconnect the Subscriber. The Company also reserves the right to file the appropriate legal action against the erring Subscriber or person concerned, and to charge the appropriate pre-termination fee, if any. The Subscriber’s right to use the Service is personal to the Subscriber. The Subscriber shall not re-sell or make any commercial use of the Service, without the prior express written consent of the Company. The Service shall not be utilized in bypassing or in activity/ies that tend to bypass the Company’s network or be used in prohibited services like callback, dialback, unauthorized audiotext, international and national simple resale (ISR/NSR) and other similar services (the “Unauthorized Activities”). The Subscriber shall be liable to the Company for any and all compensation fee on account of any of the above Unauthorized Activities and unauthorized commercial use of the Service. The compensation fee is payable, without any limitation from the time the Unauthorized Activity occurred until the actual cessation thereof. A penalty equivalent to one hundred fifty percent (150%) of the computed revenue losses shall be charged against the subscriber if proven accountable for such Unauthorized Activity. For this purpose, the Company has the right to full access to the relevant books and all other records of the Subscriber in order to ascertain the volume of traffic and total amount of compensation fee payable. In the absence of said record, the Company shall have the sole discretion in the determination of the bypass compensation. In addition to the Unauthorized Activities referred to above, the Subscriber undertakes not to use the Service for any activity that is contrary to morals and public policy or which violates any ordinance, law, decree, order, regulation or treaty (the “Illegal Activities”). The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold the Company free and harmless from any liability, suit, or damage arising from or connected with the Subscriber’s Unauthorized and/or illegal Activities. The Subscriber further authorizes the Company to supply any and all information requested by any law enforcement or government agency/ies, or other private entities, the latter within the limits provided for by law, relative to the Subscriber’s subscription to the Service. In which case, the Subscriber hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives any and all its relevant remedies under the law, including but not limited to the right to claim damages.
TNT Prepaid GSM Service will implement a Fair Use Policy to help ensure the quality of service to all subscribers. The Company believes that each subscriber should be responsible and reasonable in their use of the Service and how it affects other users. By accepting the Terms & Conditions, the Subscriber is bound to this Fair Use Policy.
The TNT Prepaid service shall not be used under any of the following circumstances included but not limited to:
TNT Prepaid GSM Service has the sole discretion to limit the Subscriber’s data throughput or amount of data transferred, or suspend/terminate the Service without prior notice, upon the occurrence of any of the circumstances mentioned above. If in the reasonable opinion of the Company, the Subscriber’s use of the Service is excessive, the Company may ask the Subscriber to moderate usage. If the Subscriber fails to do so, the Company reserves the right to charge the Subscriber for the excessive usage at a rate specified by the Company, or suspend or terminate the Service. The Company reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Fair Use Policy.
- Activities that may cause network congestion and those that can adversely impact the overall quality of service experienced by other subscribers
- Any manner which affects the Company’s ability to provide and maintain the quality of its network and services
- Any means aimed towards exploitation of mobile usage that may cause any loss or damage to the Company
- The Company reserves the right to disconnect or refuse to connect the TNT Prepaid Service in the event that the Subscriber is found to have used it for any unlawful, fraudulent, illicit or abusive purpose, as determined by the Company.
- Personal Information and Broadcast Messages
Subscriber agrees and consents to the disclosure to third parties and the processing, either by the Company or by third parties on behalf of the Company, of personal information and data, including sensitive personal information, traffic and billing data for marketing and other purposes. We acknowledge and we agree that the Company may send commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, and other broadcast push messages.
Specifically, subscriber agrees and consents that the Company and its affiliates may use subscriber personal information and data to:
- Manage subscriber account, carry out customer-care activities and train staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that subscriber send to the Company;
- Monitor the quality and security of the network and test and maintain the Company’s IT systems;
- Analyze subscriber use of the services for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the calls and messages the subscriber send and receive and subscriber location at the time these communications take place, as well as subscriber browsing history and use of the Company websites;
- Send to the emergency services (if subscriber make an emergency call), including subscriber approximate location;
- Contact the subscriber with marketing messages such as commercial and promotional advertisements, surveys, and other broadcast push messages, which may include marketing from other organizations, if subscriber has no express written objection.
- The Company does not include subscriber details in any directory or directory-enquiry service. If subscriber wants to have subscriber information included in these services, subscriber should contact the Company.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be in effect from the date of availment of the TNT GSM Prepaid Service.
- The Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to modify, delete or add to any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement at any time without further notice. It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to regularly check any changes to these Terms and Conditions. The Subscriber’s continued used of the Service after any such changes constitutes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with Philippine law, including matters on enforcement and performance. All suits involving the TNT Prepaid Service shall be filed with the proper courts in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines only.