The TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card cannot be used with handsets which are:
Prepaid Phone Kits that are (a) sold or distributed by TNT through its distribution channels and partners or (b) those received from TNT through raffles, competitions, partnerships, promotions, and the like are subject to TNT’s device locking configuration, classified into two (2) types:
- SIM-locked to networks other than TNT; or
- blacklisted by TNT due to theft, loss, non-payment or other reasons.
Network-locked - the Prepaid Phone Kit will not be capable of using the services of other network providers. It is only limited to accessing TNT’s own services such as outgoing calls and SMS, and mobile data usage.
Data-locked - the Prepaid Phone Kit will not be capable of using the mobile data services of other network providers. It is only limited to accessing TNT’s own mobile data services. Subscribers may still use the legacy services of other network providers such as calls and SMS.
In compliance with the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) Memorandum Circular No. 01-05-2019, unlocking of the SMART Prepaid Phone Kits can be requested by the subscriber, subject to the Public Telecommunication Entity’s (PTE) Implementing Rules and Regulations. Below are TNT’s unlocking requirements per Prepaid Phone Kit acquisition category:
Purchased from SMART (SMART retail stores and SMART Online Store), Authorized Resellers and Distributors:
- Prepaid phone kits bought from any of SMART’s distribution channels are qualified for unlocking only after twenty four (24) months from date of purchase.
- The subscriber shall provide a valid Official Receipt or any proof of purchase, the device’s IMEI number, and a valid ID upon unlocking request.
Received from TNT for FREE through raffles, competitions, partnerships, promotions, and/or all other similar initiatives:
- Qualified for unlocking only after thirty six (36) months from date of receipt.
- The subscriber shall provide any proof of receipt (e.g. award letter received from TNT, copy of acknowledgement receipt), device’s IMEI number, and valid IDs upon unlocking request.
- In the absence of any proof of receipt, TNT shall perform internal validation to authenticate the ownership of the device.
Devices bundled in a Ka-Partner Negosyo Kit are not eligible for unlocking. For more details, please visit https://smart.com.ph/Prepaid/load/be-a-smart-retailer.
For the governing rules for unlocking of Postpaid devices, please visit https://smart.com.ph/terms/postpaid.
Requests for unlocking may be raised through the following channels:
- SMART Stores
- SMART hotline: (02) 8 888-1111
- Toll-free via Smart SIM: *888
- Facebook: @TNTPh
- Twitter: @tntph
The request will take at least two (2) business days to be completed, upon receipt of complete requirements.