Terms and Conditions
By using the TNT Prepaid GSM Service (“Service”), the Subscriber agrees to the following:
The TNT Pre-Paid GSM Service is designed to work only if the subscriber has the following:
- A GSM dual-band or higher cellular mobile telephone handset;
- A TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card; and
- Airtime value loaded into subscriber’s account.
- The TNT SIM and Data, Call and Text Cards are neither refundable nor redeemable for cash, either in part or in full.
- The TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card cannot be used with handsets which are:
- SIM-locked to networks other than TNT; or
- Blacklisted by TNT due to theft, loss, non-payment or other reasons.
TNT reserves the right to SIM-lock handsets as part of the TNT Prepaid Phone Kit for use only of its own services.
- The TNT Prepaid GSM Service requires for its use, reload of value through TNT Data, Call and Text Card, TNT Load or PasaLoad. After value is loaded into the TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card, such value shall be valid for a specific period of time as determined by Smart Communications, Inc. (the “Company”). Any unloaded TNT Data, Call and Text Card shall expire on the date shown at the reverse portion of the card.
- The service shall be PERMANENTLY DISCONNECTED if the Subscriber fails to reload value into his account within this specific period after the prepaid balance is completely consumed as determined by the Company. The Company shall not cause the reconnection of a PERMANENTLY DISCONNECTED TNT Prepaid GSM Service. Mobile numbers associated with the disconnected TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Cards cannot be reacquired. A new TNT SIM Card must be purchased to avail of the TNT Prepaid GSM Service. This will have a different mobile number. Requests for a change of mobile number will not be allowed. The Company shall not be held responsible to replace any permanently disconnected SIM cards.
- Subscriber is allowed only five (5) attempts per calendar day to correctly load a value of the TNT Data, Call and Text Card. Otherwise, the Subscriber will have to wait for the next day (12:00 midnight) to correctly load the TNT Data, Call and Text Card.
- All outgoing calls and text messages will be charged based on prevailing tariff rates, plus all applicable toll charges and taxes. The use of the TNT Prepaid GSM Service (including, but not limited to, calls to wrong numbers, fax tones, answering machines, subscriptions to and availments of value-added services) shall be the subscriber’s sole responsibility regardless of who actually made the calls or sent the text messages.
- The security and care of the TNT GSM handset, TNT Prepaid GSM SIM Card and TNT Data, Call and Text Card and the secret codes (PIN1, PIN2, PUK1 and PUK2) shall be the subscriber’s full responsibility. The Company has no obligation to answer inquiries regarding these secret codes. Furthermore, the Company is under no obligation to provide call details or itemized bills for calls and text messages made or received using the TNT Prepaid GSM Service. Steps in retrieving PUK is available on the Company’s website (www.tntph.com).
- The TNT SIM Cards, TNT Data, Call and Text Cards, TNT Phone Kits and any airtime values are non-refundable and non-replaceable in the event of loss, theft, or damage due to misuse, mishandling or neglect. The TNT SIM Card found inherently defective will be replaced within seven (7) days from date of activation. Inherently defective TNT Prepaid Card (no PIN, incomplete PIN, unclear numbers) can be replaced only if there has been no prior usage of the card. Inherently defective GSM handsets of the TNT Prepaid Phone Kits can be replaced within fifteen (15) days from date of purchase. All replacements due to defects are subject to the investigation and validation of the Company’s Customer Care upon presentation of required documents.
- The Company’s liability for the loss or damage caused by defects in the performance or non-performance of the TNT Prepaid GSM Service, shall be limited to a credit in the subscriber’s favor for the amount paid for the TNT SIM Card, TNT Prepaid Card, or TNT Phone Kit. The Company shall not be liable for any failure of the TNT Prepaid GSM Service or for any loss, damage, theft, and misuse of the TNT Prepaid SIM Card, Talk ‘N Text Data, Call and Text Card, or any GSM handset used as part of the Talk ‘N Text Prepaid Service.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, the Company does not expressly or impliedly warrant the condition or merchantability of the information or communication services provided through the TNT Prepaid GSM Service for any particular use or purpose. All information and translations are provided on an “AS IS” basis.
- If the Subscriber, or any other person, at the sole discretion of the Company, is found to use the Service for any fraudulent purpose or illegal activities, or is found to use abusive and/or indecent language to other Subscribers or Company staff, the Company reserves the right to disconnect the Service and/or refuse to reconnect the Subscriber. The Company also reserves the right to file the appropriate legal action against the erring Subscriber or person/s concerned, and to charge the appropriate pre-termination fee, if any.
The Subscriber’s right to use the Service is personal to the Subscriber. The Subscriber shall not engage in the following activities (“Unauthorized Activities”):
The Subscriber shall likewise be liable to SMART for any and all damages resulting from any of the above Unauthorized Activities.
- Resale or any commercial use of the Service, without the prior express written consent of SMART;
- Utilization of the Service in bypassing or in activities that tend to bypass the SMART network, billing and/or traffic routing;
- Use of the Service in prohibited services like callback, dial back, unauthorized audio text, international and national simple resale (ISR/NISR), international revenue share fraud (IRSF), premium rate service (PRS) fraud, internet fraud, hacking, SMS spamming, SMS flooding, SMS hoax, and other similar services; or
- Tampering, altering, modification, or unauthorized programming of the SIM Card or its digital reference.
The Subscriber shall be liable to the Company for any and all compensation fee on account of any of the above Unauthorized Activities and unauthorized commercial use of the Service. The compensation fee is payable, without any limitation from the time the Unauthorized Activity occurred until the actual cessation thereof. A penalty equivalent to one hundred fifty percent (150%) of the computed revenue losses shall be charged against the subscriber if proven accountable for such Unauthorized Activity. For this purpose, the Company has the right to full access to the relevant books and all other records of the Subscriber in order to ascertain the volume of traffic and total amount of compensation fee payable. In the absence of said record, the Company shall have the sole discretion in the determination of the bypass compensation. In addition to the Unauthorized Activities referred to above, the Subscriber undertakes not to use the Service for any activity that is contrary to morals and public policy or which violates any ordinance, law, decree, order, regulation or treaty (the “Illegal Activities”). The Subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold the Company free and harmless from any liability, suit, or damage arising from or connected with the Subscriber’s Unauthorized and/or Illegal Activities. The Subscriber further authorizes the Company to supply any and all information requested by any law enforcement or government agency/ies, or other private entities, the latter within the limits provided for by law, relative to the Subscriber’s subscription to the Service. In which case, the Subscriber hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives any and all its relevant remedies under the law, including but not limited to the right to claim damages.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, costs, compensation, damage or liability to the Subscriber or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the provision or use of the Service including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any loss, costs, compensation, damage or liability to the Subscriber or third parties caused by:
- Any delay, interruption, or termination of the Service, whether caused by administrative error, technical, mechanical, electrical, or electronic fault or difficulty or any other reason or circumstances beyond the Company's control (including, but not limited to, acts of God, strike, labor disputes, fire, disturbance, action of government, atmospheric conditions, lightning, interference or damage by third parties or any change in legislation);
- Any inaccuracy or omission, lack of clarity, interference in, misdirection or destruction of any information transmitted to or from the Subscriber howsoever caused;
- Theft or unauthorized use of the SIM Card or any loss, costs, damages, or compensation incurred by or payable to any third party by the Subscriber; or
- Transmission or non-transmission of any illegal, false, misleading, derogatory, libelous, obscene or vulgar messages or information.
- The Company reserves the right to disconnect or refuse to connect the TNT Prepaid GSM Service in the event that the Subscriber is found to have used it for any unlawful, fraudulent, illicit or abusive purpose, as determined by the Company.
- The Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or any other person’s phone related to or resulting from participation in or sending or receiving of any communication of any materials in this Service.
- Subscriber agrees and consents to the disclosure and the processing/analyzing, either by the Company or by third parties on behalf of the Company, of personal data, including personal information, traffic, billing data for marketing and other purposes such as improving products and services. Specifically, subscriber agrees and consents that the Company and its affiliates PLDT, PGC, Cignal, Voyager, Takatack, PayMaya and, ePLDT may use subscriber personal information and data to: a) manage subscriber account, carry out customer-care activities and train staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that the subscriber sends to the Company and to perform after-sales transactions; b) monitor the quality and security of the network and test and maintain the Company’s IT systems; c) analyze subscriber’s use of the services for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the calls and messages the subscriber sends and receives; d) send to emergency services (if subscriber makes an emergency call), including subscriber’s approximate location; e) contact the subscriber with marketing messages such as cross-sell or upsell of current and new products/services, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards programs, and other broadcast push messages, which may include marketing; f) perform credit scoring and sharing within the PLDT Group only; and g) provide government requirements and for the social good.
- The Company does not include subscriber details in any directory or directory-enquiry service. If subscriber wants to have subscriber information included in these services, subscriber should contact the Company.
- Subscribers may be contacted by the Company and its affiliates via any of the following channels: SMS, call out, email, USSD and its other digital assets, such as online apps.
- Subscriber may amend, update, revise or delete certain parts of the personal data provided to the Company at any time via app, email, phone call or visit to the Smart stores.
- Subscriber may also take with him all the personal data details he provided to the Company when he leaves the network. This may be provided to him via a PDF file upon request of the subscriber.
- Subscriber also agrees and consents to the disclosure and the processing/analyzing, either by SMART or by third parties on behalf of the Company, of personal data, including location profiling and interest profiling based on sites visited for marketing and other purposes. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the Company and its third parties may send him commercial and promotional advertisements, market research surveys and other broadcast push messages with regard to Value Added Services (VAS) and content, as well as perform credit scoring and data sharing.
- By using the Service, the user expressly releases and agrees to keep the Company indemnified from any claim, cost, demand, tax, liability or damage suffered or incurred by the Company or its directors, employees or agents, arising directly or indirectly out of entry into the Service.
- Content (including, but not limited to, information, communications, software, images and sounds contained on or available through the Service) is provided by SMART, its content providers and or third party licensors. The intellectual property rights to or over the contents contained in the content belong to SMART, its content providers and/or third party licensors. All rights are reserved. The contents of the Service cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that the material and content contained within or available through the Service may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be in effect from the date of availment of the TNT Prepaid GSM Service.
- The Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to modify, delete or add to any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement at any time without further notice. It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to regularly check any changes to these Terms and Conditions available in the Company’s website. The Subscriber’s continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with Philippine law, including matters on enforcement and performance. All suits involving the TNT Prepaid GSM Service shall be filed with the proper courts in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines only.